We are working on helping our students learn how to cope with stress and adversity. During monthly guidance lessons, our school counselor will be teaching students about mindfulness, being aware & attentive to what comes through our senses at any given moment.
Here are some website links if you are interested in learning more about mindfulness:
There are also many children's books about Mindfulness:
- Mindfulness for Kids 1 by Dr. Nicola Kluge
- Mindful Monkey, Happy Panda by Lauren Alderfer
- Sitting Still like a Frog by Eline Snel
- A Handful of Quiet by Thich Nhot Hanh
- No Ordinary Apple by Sara Marlowe
- Take the Time by Maud Roegiers
If you have any questions, please contact Miranda Lening at 391-3477.